A SPACE WITH AS MUCH HISTORY AS THE CARS WITHIN
The Collector Car Vault facility, located in the heart of the “Citrus Capital of the World", began life as a Sunkist packing warehouse in 1917. In 1968, the property was purchased in order to store the owners’ collection of 900 famous film cars and movie props, totaling 450 vehicles upstairs and 450 vehicles downstairs.
During this time, the eccentric and now infamous pinstripe artist, Von Dutch, lived and operated his paint shop on the premises. Remnants of his business and hotrod lifestyle can be found throughout the “vault”. Not to mention, a bathroom full of somewhat off-color commentary written on the wall, courtesy of Von Dutch, Steve McQueen and their rowdy friends.
In 2014, the current owners purchased the property and embarked on a multimillion dollar restoration to make it fit for housing and caring for the most distinguished car collections.